Get Involved Support MCCJ
Through your generous donations, you help support programs to advance understanding and respect among people of all cultures, religions and races through education, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- Heritage Panels
- MCCJ’s time tested human relations peer education program creates a respectful environment in which teens plumb the depths of their own heritage and the pain of the intolerance they have experienced. In a two-day workshop, led by MCCJ trained school counselors, the barriers dissipate, friendships bond, and agents of change emerge. Small miracles occur with each group of teens we train and each panel they present to a class, fostering safe and welcoming school communities.
- Silver Medallions
- Since 1946, MCCJ hosts the annual Humanitarian Dinner honoring outstanding leaders in our community. In a highly respected tradition, the Silver Medallions are presented to individuals whose humanitarian work parallels MCCJ’s mission. Learn more about Interfaith Clergy Dialogue.
- Interfaith Clergy Dialogue
- MCCJ facilitates the oldest continuous interfaith dialogue in the United States. Through monthly opportunities for conversation and education, conferences and prayer vigils, our local clergy demonstrate the power of interfaith relationships to advance unity in a multi-faith community.
- MCCJ’s newest initiative is a summer human relations and leadership program for teens. In a residential setting, high school students build lasting cross-cultural relationships, and learn skills to respectfully resolve conflict, advocate for their communities, and live peacefully and inclusively in a diverse society.
- Conflict Resolution
- MCCJ has historically been called upon to convene community leaders and mediate community conflict. Whether it was the post McDuffie riots, the fractious Elian Gonzalez events, or the recent Haitian catastrophe, MCCJ steps forward, often behind the scenes, to bring people together in the spirit of mutual respect.
- MCCJ is proud of both the historic and recent partnerships through which its mission is advanced, including the Community Relations Board, University of Miami, Archdiocese of Miami, Rabbinical Association, Greater Miami Jewish Federation and United Way. Upon request, MCCJ also provides staff training addressing diversity, gender and sensitivity issues for universities, corporations, and law enforcement agencies.