Get Involved Support MCCJ
Through your generous donations, you help support programs to advance understanding and respect among people of all cultures, religions and races through education, advocacy and conflict resolution.
- MCCJ is proud to announce that we have been awarded a grant from the Children’s Trust under their Youth Development initiative! This grant will enable MCCJ to build on its successful Heritage Panel programs, establish the MetroTown summer leadership program and year-round MetroTown Diversity Leadership Team for teens.
"Never doubt that a small group..."
- of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world...Indeed it's the only thing that ever has" - Margaret Mead
Founded in 1935 as the Miami branch of the National Conference of Christians and Jews.
- Embracing diversity….building an inclusive community.
- MCCJ’s mission is to advance understanding and respect among all cultures, religions and races.
- MCCJ seeks an inclusive community in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. Rooted in interfaith good will, our mission includes creating safe havens for dialog, training inclusive leaders, and highlighting the benefits of diversity through education, advocacy, dialog and conflict resolution.
- MCCJ is a member of the National Federation of Just Communities.
SOLD OUT: John Quinones Breakfast
MCCJ Executive Director Honored
Executive Director Roberta Shevin was presented with the Humanitarian Interfaith Award by the Coalition of South Florida Muslim Organizations in honor of her service and outreach to the Muslim community through her work at MCCJ. Congratulations, Roberta!
Miami Speaks out for MCCJ
Click here for testimonials from our community.
Beautiful Glass Sculptures Supporting Metrotown Scholarships
- MCCJ’s 2012 Humanitarian Dinner featured glass centerpieces created especially for the event by noted glass artist, Rob Stern. Each piece of art is offered at the special price of $500, which will fund a high school student to attend the MCCJ MetroTown summer leadership camp. View the full gallery here.
- Choose the sculpture that you love, write down the number and call our office to arrange payment: 305.755.6096.
- Payment can be by check made out to MCCJ or by credit card. You can also click on this link to pay for it online.
- Help us make a difference and provide a transformational experience for a teenager.
- Purchase you beautiful art glass piece today.
A call for civility in American politics
By ABRAHAM H. FOXMAN When one thinks about free speech in America, certain images and feelings come immediately to mind. For some it may be the halls of Congress, or city hall. For some it might be the famous painting by Norman Rockwell depicting speech as one of the “Four Freedoms.” For others it might be the protestors in New York’s Zuccotti Park, unbowed for months as they raised their collective voices against corruption and corporate greed. Read more...
MCCJ Miami 9-11 Program, view now
9/11 Anniversary Interfaith Service
MetroTown Opened July 31st at St. Thomas University.
Click here to learn more about our summer youth leadership camp.